What is a Memory Lab?
The lab can be reserved for a 2-hour session.
- Personal documents
Formats Saved On
- External Hard Drive
- Cloud Storage
Protection: Important documents can become damaged or lost due to natural disasters or accidents. Digitizing and saving to multiple places protects against risk.
Organization: Personal collections can now contain large amounts of items such as keepsakes, journals or digital email, etc. Digitization can help people to locate, reference and re-use their personal collections.
Legacy: What you create and what you produce in daily life could be important for your loved ones and for the cultural record.
How do I use the memory lab?
- Book an appointment. The Memory Lab is open while the computer lab is not in use.
- Arrive for your first session 15 minutes early. Check-in with staff at the Adult Reference Desk.
- Sign the Participant Release Form. Completing this form at the beginning of your first session is required. If you are younger than 18, parental/legal guardian consent is required. Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Staff may inspect your digital media to ensure that it does not harm Memory Lab equipment.
- Staff will direct you to the memory lab station!